Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Some Pictures From Guiding in Arizona

This is a hand-full of photo's I took while guiding in Arizona. I mainly worked on the Salt River but also had a few trips on the Gila and the Verde river as well. 

The Salt River originates in the White Mountains near Globe Arizona. From there it drops through deep canyons with many class III and IV rapids. Eventually it levels out and ends up in the Sonoran Desert, filled with Giant Saguaro Cactus and Bald Eagles. This is one of my favorite rivers to guide on and is one of the last free flowing rivers in the world. I have never felt so far from the rest of the world then when I was guiding on this river. 





Giant Saguaros Cactus's in the Sonoran Desert







Snow in the Desert.





This photo was taken the night of my 21st Birthday in the middle of the Desert in Arizona.




Lower Falls on the Verde.





Gila River Campsite





One of the joys of living out of a van and guiding is making coffee on the side of the road in abandoned gas stations on the Indian reservation.








One of my favorite camps on the Salt River.















The Sacred Salt cliffs where the Apache tribe Believe their ancestors originated from, dripping down from the rocks.




1 comment:

pr said...

What a wonderful life you have!